I had big plans for Madelyn this summer. I had planned that since she was turning 2, she was going to become a 'big girl' and get potty trained as well as make the transition to a big girl bed. At the beginning of the summer I would have told you that of those two things, the big girl bed would have been the hard part. Boy was I wrong. It is now only a week until she starts daycare and she is doing wonderfully in her big girl bed. As for the potty training, it is not going so well...
Madelyn had been showing signs of being ready for potty training near the beginning of the summer so I thought this would be easy! One morning, I decided she was going to go sans diaper and take potty breaks every 30 minutes. This went well for maybe the first hour. She went potty right when she woke up and get got to playing. She started to refuse potty breaks because she was too busy playing. She had a few accidents but did not really seem to care. After her getting upset because I made her stop playing to potty, I decided to take a break for a while.
Since then it has been hit or miss to say the least. There are some days that she will take her diaper off, run to the bathroom and potty. Then there are days that she wants nothing to do with it at all! I have decided that she is not ready for this and we are going to continue to support it but not push it. The new daycare where she is going to start next week will support potty training and they are confident that being around other kiddos doing the same thing, she will become potty trained as well!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Potty Training
Posted by The Bird Family at Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment