Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

OB Appointment - 35 Weeks


This doctor's appointment was FULL of information. I will try and remember it all and hope it makes sense! First of all, my blood pressure is still very good and I actually lost a pound from last time!

I was not expecting an ultrasound at this appointment so I was surprised when they put me in the ultrasound room. Dr. Patton explained that she wanted to do an ultrasound every week until Mason was born to check for several things. Each time she wants to look at his size, heart rate, practice breathing, fluid levels and position. She also took blood from me today to make sure I do not have an unseen infection. She is still concerned as to why he is so big and I have so much fluid but everything she is doing is coming back normal. She did warn me that there may be something that cannot be seen on ultrasound that may come about after he is born. But we will deal with that, if that is the case, when he is born. She did also say that I could just have big babies because everything that she is seeing is normal...

We also talked about when and how he will be born. Because of the 'trauma' caused by Madelyn's birth (I had a 4th degree tear) I am a candidate for an elective c-section should I choose that. She did say that a 'regular' birth could be possible as well and at this point was up to me (unless he gets over 10 pounds). We are going to wait 2 more weeks (when I am just about 37 weeks) to make a decision. If I decide c-section, she will take him at 39 weeks. So we could possibly be meeting our little boy in just over 4 weeks! WOW!!

So, all-in-all, we had a good appointment today. Lots to think about but I am not overly concerned. Just getting really excited to meet our little Mason soon!

I have not taken a picture of the bump in a while so I thought I would post one tonight...I am extremely large because of my fluid levels and his size. Dr. Patton said that I am only going to get bigger as the weeks go on! YIKES :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

You look so cute! I love preggers Ryno :)

Mark and Mandi said...

Ryan- you look so good! You're all baby:)