Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Changes...

This past week we made the switch to a big girl bed with Madelyn. I was very nervous about this but Madelyn did MUCH better than I expected. On Tuesday we had Madelyn's big girl room painted a bright pink and went and got her some new furniture...We decided to just jump in and try it Tuesday night. We had a long talk about the big girl bed and how she was a big girl now that did not need to sleep in a crib. She was very excited!

So excited!!
Photobucket Photobucket
Pretending to be asleep!
Photobucket
The first night did not go as well as it could have. We went to bed around 7:30 and I sat with Madelyn in her room until she finally fell asleep around 9:30!! Not so fun. She never really tried to get out of the bed but was not settling down at all...She was rolling around, singing and talking. Once she was asleep, everything was great. She slept the entire night, did not get out of bed and waited for me come get her when she woke up in the morning! So overall, a success...

Actually asleep on her first night in a big girl bed!
Photobucket
First nap! (She did not sleep for very long but it is getting much better as the days go on!!)
Photobucket Photobucket
The next night we decided that she did not need me to sit in there with her and it might actually be keeping her up. We were really busy that night and did not get to bed until around 8:00. We read books, had milk and then said goodnight. I left the room (after a long talk about not getting out of bed) and within 15 minutes Madelyn was asleep! I kept peeking in on her and she did not try to get out of bed once!! Again, she slept all night and waited for me to come get her in the morning!

The third night was much of the same...bedtime routine and then she was asleep on her own within 15 minutes!! YEA - I think this is going to be a success! :) What a big girl!

Her new room is not quite complete (we still need to finish some decorations) but I will take and post pictures when we are done...then comes the work on Mason's nursery!!)

3 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

wow shes doing great! the bedding is so cute, i bet she loves it!
im nervous about doing this with kinley but i still have about 3.5 more months until i want to do it. thanks for sharing!

Tiffany said...

What a big girl! I only hope Reagan's transition goes as smoothly (but I don't have to worry about that for a while!).

Mark and Mandi said...

What a cute room! Where did you get her bed???