Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hoppy Easter :)

The Bird Family had a wonderful Easter this year!! It is such a blessing to be able to celebrate this holiday with Madelyn - she is such a joy and a wonderful addition to our family!! Madelyn was so excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought her that she decided to start the party at 6 this morning!!! The Easter Bunny brought Madelyn a new book to chew on...and a fun new toy that she can ride on and walk behind!! (She can actually walk across the living room with this now!!!) In the afternoon we went over to my parents house to have dinner and visit. Madelyn loves it over there!!! **On a different note I need to take a minute to brag on Madelyn...Tonight when I went to put Madelyn down for bed I knew that she was super tired but not yet asleep. I gave her a bottle and put her in her crib pretty wide awake...I did not hear anything in the monitor so when I went in to her room a few minutes later I did not expect to see her playing in her crib....30 minutes later she was finally asleep. Madelyn went asleep on her own with out a peep!! All the books I have read say that babies need to be able to put themselves to sleep so that they can get back to sleep when they wake up in the middle of the night without Mommy or Daddy. I think that we have that covered! This probably does not sound like a big deal but I was very proud of our little cupcake!

2 comments:

heatherw said...

What a blessing it is to have a child who can get themselves to sleep! Yay Madelyn!

The Duddington Family said...

It looks like Christmas in pastel colors. Did the Easter Bunny leave my basker at your house by any chance? ~Jenn