Had another appointment today with another ultrasound. After doing some looking around and measurements (Mason looks wonderful and doing what he is supposed to be doing), Dr. Patton announced that my fluid level was back up and we needed to make a decision about this baby! We had been talking about an 'elective' c-section which Dr. Patton was recommending again today. So, I asked a few questions about the logistics of a c-section (the length of hospital stay, epidural vs. spinal block, etc) and we made a decision to schedule it for when I turn 39 weeks! Baby Mason's (tentative) birthday, as of today, will be August 28!!! I have another appointment next week in which I will get another ultrasound as well as set the time of the c-section and officially get on the OR list! A little scared and a lot excited that little Mason will be here in 24 days!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
I ended up having a c-section with Reagan & will most likely have scheduled ones with any future children. I had a rough surgery, mostly due to the fact that I had been in labor for 18 hours already & had a melt down while they were trying to do my epidural, but my recovery was great - I was walking around the next day! Some people are adamant about not wanting a c-section, but I had an open mind, and don't see the big deal now that Reagan is here & healthy.
Keep us updated on how the next few weeks go. I'm sure you're ready to meet Mason :o)
after my appointment today, i'm thinking this same situation might be what happens to me! we'll see :-)
Can't wait to hear more!!
LOVED LOVED LOVED my c section! BOTH of them:) Hope everything turns out great! You're almost there...
If you would of had it the day before on the 27th he would of been born on my Masons birthday!
I'm sure you will do fine with a C-section. The important thing is the Dr's get Mason out and he's healthy!! I'm jealous you know when he will arrive - I'm just waiting in limbo for Madison to make her début! :)
Aug 23rd would be a good day for a birthday ;-)
Post a Comment