Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

Momma said there'd be days like this...

Many of you know that I was put on bed rest the last three weeks of my pregnancy with Madelyn because of high blood pressure. I was never diagnosed with preeclampsia because it was so late in the pregnancy and my blood pressure would go down when I would relax. Even so, I am more worried and conscious about my blood pressure this time around. Usually I have a very good blood pressure reading, with it even a little low sometimes.
Well, the past few days I have had a really bad headache and just felt really weird. I chalked it up to stress and working a lot. Today, around 10:15 I started to feel very dizzy and I started seeing spots. It got so bad at one point that I could barely see out of my left eye. I was concerned but thought maybe my blood sugar was low. After lunch, I started to feel a little better but still weird. I left a message for the doctor and the school nurse took my blood pressure. It was 130/90 (which I am not sure was completely accurate because she does not have to take a lot of blood pressure as an elementary school nurse!). - 140/90 or higher is their point of concern.
The doctor called back and said that it was not too high but something that we have to watch. So now, I have to take my blood pressure periodically, especially when I feel bad again and report the reading back to the doctor. And, I have to relax more. My principal okayed me sitting most of the day (which some of you other teachers know, you rarely sit down teaching elementary school!) plus I need to lay down more as well! So, tomorrow off I go in search of a home blood pressure machine!
I know some of you are probably bored with our day to day happenings but I use this blog as a journal for our family and wanted to record this day :)
PS- I promise to post Madelyn pictures soon (she is doing great!)

3 comments:

Yocumotion said...

praying for u sweet friend!

Yocumotion said...

AND YOU ARE DUE on James' BDAY!!! It is a great day!!!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

So sorry! With being diagnosed with preeclampsia, I know the scare it can cause. Praying for you!