Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 11, 2008

Belton

Today, Madelyn and I packed up the car and made the 2 1/2 hour drive down to Belton (south of Waco) to see my Nannie and the Allison Family. We have not made the trip since Christmas and I decided it was past time. We left very early this morning thinking that Madelyn would take her morning nap (around 9ish) in the car and we would arrive around her typical wake up time. Madelyn did not sleep a wink in the car but was in a good mood until the last 20 minutes. She was off and on fussy and really ready to get out of her car seat. Overall, she did great for a long car ride.
When we got to Nannie's house, we ate lunch and played for a while. When I say played I mean Madelyn ran around the house destroying things while Nannie and I ran after her removing things that were not child friendly!! Madelyn loved exploring and messing with everything!!
After a short nap, we loaded up and headed to the pool. Madelyn was much more interested in watching the other kids play than looking at the camera!! We swam for around 30 minutes and were getting packed up when Lindsay (my aunt) came along.
She was headed back to her house where her boys (my uncle and cousins) were coming home with a new boat!! We decided to come along to see this new boat. When we got to the Allison house, the boys were not there yet so Madelyn had fun playing with Chevy through the back door! They spent 15 minutes barking at each other!!
When the boys arrived home, we all went to check out the new boat. It is very nice and I can't wait to get on it at the lake!! Madelyn was very busy showing off her dancing skills for the family and exploring every inch of that boat!
The boys were taking the boat out on the lake but it was getting late and Madelyn had not eaten dinner yet so the girls decided to forgo the boat ride. Instead we went back to Nannie's house to feed Madelyn and clean up. When then decided to go get some Mexican food! So yummy.
By the time we got home it was WAY past Madelyn's typical bedtime (almost 2 hours past) but she was such a trooper and did not even fuss. I put her down and she went right to sleep!
What a wonderful day with family :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love keeping up with what you and Maddie are up to these days. What a great trip. I envy your ability to just pick up and go! Love you all -- suzy