Since I use this blog as a baby book of sorts and I like to look back and see what was going on at certain ages, I decided to make this post about what is going on with 6 1/2 week old Mason.
I knew that with already having a 2 year old at home I needed to get Mason on a schedule pretty early. I do not stick word for word to his schedule but it does help to know what he needs at certain times. I read two books in hopes to help me. I read "The Baby Whisper" and "Babywise". I would completely recommend these books to anyone. They are very similar but I like "The Baby Whisper" better. These helped me put Mason on a 3 hour schedule. This involves eating (for around 20-30 mins), awake time (this varies but it usually around 45 mins) and then nap time. When done with nap, the schedule repeats. There are times when this does not always happen perfectly but it is the norm in our house now! (I tried this with Madelyn when she was young and really had no success!)
We are working on several things like sleeping in his crib, going down drowsy but awake, and hanging out on his own during some awake times. Since we have been home Mason has been sleeping in our room for naps and night time. This is hard on the weekends and when Madelyn is home because our room is close to the action of the house. I have been working on getting Mason to nap in his crib for a few days now. Not sure why but he is not a huge fan of it! But I keep trying and he has had several successful naps in his crib! I am hoping to move him there for night time fairly soon. In an effort to teach Mason to self-sooth, I have been working on putting him down for naps drowsy but awake. When it is nap time (I can tell by his sleepy cues - he starts to move less, yawn and stare) I swaddle him and cuddle for a few minutes in the rocking chair. When he is relaxed and fairly drowsy, I put him down. If I had read his cues right on time this is all I have to do but if he is overtired or overstimulated it takes a few times of this to get him to sleep.
I feel that things are going much smoother with Mason than with Madelyn. I do not know if this is because of our 'schedule', if Mason is an easier baby or if it just because I knew what to expect more...Either way, Mason is such a sweet little boy and we love his to pieces.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
What's going on?
Posted by The Bird Family at Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment