Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

6 Weeks Old

I cannot believe that Mason is already 6 weeks old today!! He is such a sweet little boy most of the time. He is getting more content to lay/sit and look around but he still has fussy times (of course). I think that his gas is getting better, it seems to bother him less and less. We are still working on getting on a schedule. There are days where he will follow it to a T and then other days where we have to throw it out the window! He is eating every 3 hours (sooner in the evenings) and after a brief awake time (around 45 minutes), he usually sleeps for a bit. He is still a champion night sleeper - sleeping from 9ish to 5ish most nights. A bad night will have him up around 3 then again at 5 but he has not woken up before 3 since he was 10 days old!

We are working on getting him to nap/sleep in his crib. Right now he sleeps in the pack and play in our bedroom but I want to start transitioning him to his crib. I am not sure why he prefers his pack and play but he is not a huge fan of his crib. He will take short naps (around 15 mins) in his crib but will continue to wake up...Any advice to get him to sleep in his crib?

I recently had to pack away all of his newborn clothes. He is very long and they were getting too short. He now wears some 3 month clothes and mainly 0-3 month clothes. They are still big up top but fit for his length. He is still not a huge fan of having his clothes changed but will tolerate it most times. He is okay with a diaper change now. Still not a fan of bathtime but I am hoping he grows out of this!

Since I have to go back to work soon, we are working on taking a bottle. I try and give him one a day right now and he does pretty well. He takes a little convincing and dribbles a lot of him down his chin but is getting better and better.

He is such a wonderful little boy and we are so happy with our perfect family of 4!!

0 comments: