Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

OB Appointment - 14 weeks (almost)

I had another appointment with my OB this morning. It was a very quick and painless appointment. First came the weigh-in. I am only up 3 pounds overall. The doctor was not too concerned because the baby (and my belly) are growing but she would like to see me gain a little more weight. (I gained so much with Madelyn that it is strange to be told to gain more weight!) Next up was blood pressure. It was 136/76. Not very high but a little elevated. The doctor said that it will not be concerning until after 20 weeks. We will just sit and watch it until then. Then came the fun part - listening to the heartbeat. After Dr. Patton felt the belly, she broke out the doppler. She was able to find the heartbeat right away and it was so reassuring to hear that little sound! The heartbeat this time was 154 bpm. I have another appointment with Dr. Patton in four weeks and then an Ultrasound 2 weeks after that to check the sex!! Only 6 more weeks until we find out if it is new baby girl or baby boy! YEA...

0 comments: