Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cry It Out...

I HATE that name..."cry it out" means misery for my baby...I hate the idea of letting my baby cry without comforting her!!! With that being said, this method works!! Madelyn was having a hard time sleeping through the night the past few weeks and we were so tired that I decided to try something drastic. On Monday night, I put Madelyn to bed with the knowledge that she was going to wake up and I would have to let her cry. She woke up around 12:30 that night, I went into her and rubbed her back for a few seconds and then went and turned the TV on so I didn't just sit and listen to her cry. Every 5 minutes I went in to rub her back and after 15 minutes, where she was not really crying but more fussing, she was back asleep and stayed asleep until 6:00 AM when I had to wake her up from school. I was so prepared for a fight that I was amazed!! The past two nights she has slept from 7:30 to 6:00 with no fighting!! I know that she may go through another phase where she does not want to sleep but I am so happy that she is back to sleeping!!!!

I went into her room to check on her last night and this is what I saw...she is so weird!! She loves to sleep in the corner of the crib with her face covered!!

4 comments:

heatherw said...

Crying it out is the hardest thing EVER! I'm such a wimp that we laid down with Bowen until he was 15 months old, yes you read that right. He was the type that would only get himself more and more worked up instead of wearing himself out. It was horrible. But it works most of the time, Bowen was just an exception, Laine it worked like a charm.

S, J, B, & S said...

Hey Ryan! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your little girl is adorable. And I am a firm believer in crying it out ... it's so hard to do, but it works like a charm! Madelyn looks JUST like you!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Thank you for your sweet comment and your prayers! I am excited to now have your blog link and will be keeping up with Madelyn - she is precious!! I will now be sitting down to read through your blog!
Much Love,
Ashley

Jay and Kristen said...

Hey Ryan! I'm so excited to find your blog! Madelyn is beautiful! Thanks for the input on the childbirth classes! love, Kristen