Today was the first day that I was alone with both kiddos. I have to be honest, I was really, really nervous about this - I can handle 22 2nd graders day in and day out but was scared of taking care of my own 2 kids :)! I was not sure if it was something that I could handle. Madelyn seems to act out at during the times I cannot react as quick (like when I am feeding or changing Mason). She will continue to go to school 2 days a week until I go back to work. This will be nice for her to continue to play with her friends but also nice to have days for just me and Mason!Both Mason and Madelyn woke up a little bit earlier than normal but the morning went pretty smoothly. We had a few time-outs and one meltdown but nothing major.
We decided to head to a new park for a little while. I put Mason in the sling (for the first time and he LOVES it - he slept the entire time) and stayed in the shade while Madelyn ran around. Back at home, it was time for lunch and nap. After a hectic time getting Madelyn down for a nap (with both of them crying at one time), they both slept for a little while.
We had a really good afternoon with only one time out for not cleaning up her toys when I asked her to (a good nap goes a long way with her mood). We played with magnetic ABC's, went on a wagon ride and colored until Daddy came home. Today went much better than I expected! I know that we will have good and bad days but at I feel much more comfortable having two at home now!
Mason had a good day too that included sleeping, eating and MANY diaper changes :)
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
All by myself!!
Posted by The Bird Family at Wednesday, September 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment