Today was another appointment (I am almost 29 weeks) and this one included an Ultrasound by Dr. Patton! The two words that stuck out from this appointment were: BIG and BREECH!
Little Mason is running a tad big! He is weighing in at over 3 pounds already! This puts him measuring between 30 and 31 weeks (I will be 29 weeks on Thursday) and his head is measuring over 32 weeks! YIKES...No wonder I am feeling HUGE lately!
Now the scary part, this baby is breeched. Madelyn was always head down so I have not dealt with this before and it is worring me a litte bit. Before now he has been sideways (head on right side and bum on left side) but now he is officially breeched (head up under my ribs and feet down low). My doctor is not super concerned about this for several reasons:
1. It is still early - we will worry more about it in 4 weeks (when I will be around 33 weeks)
2. I have more than normal fluid levels. This is actually a good thing because it allows him more room to move around. She said that with his size and my extra fluid it is no wonder that I am looking much more pregnant than I really am!
3. Second babies are easier to turn should it come to that! (I really hope it does not)
Dr. Patton did give me several things to try to get little Mason to turn on his own within the next 4 weeks. These include putting an ice pack on my left side (apparently they move away from cold) so that he will flip, doing some strange exercises and playing music on the part of my tummy where we want his head! They all sound like long shots to me but I am willing to try anything! The good part of all this is that he is completely healthy and I get another Ultrasound in 4 weeks! YEA :)
More good news: my glucose test came back great - no problems there :)
Overall, I am feeling pretty good. The bigger I get, the harder it is to carry Madelyn around and put her in and out of her bed and bathtub. (She is weighing around 31 pounds now!) I think that lately the worst part of pregnancy are the dreams. They are very vivid and sometimes I cannot remember if something was a dream or real! :) I have not had very many leg cramps this time around and the heartburn I had a few weeks ago is subsiding for now. I am getting anxious about having two babies and how Madelyn is going to handle sharing Mommy! We are also going to start working on moving the house around and getting Mason's nursery ready in July sometime! I will post pictures when we get it all done...
We only got one picture from the Ultrasound today...Mason was moving all over the place so it was hard to get a clear picture. His hand was also in front of his face but we did get a cute little picture...
Madelyn and I started Mommy and Me swim lessons yesterday. We will be going for an hour everyday for the next two weeks. The kids in her class range from 6 months to 2 1/2 and Madelyn was the only one that has not cried! She laughs through the entire class! She LOVES it! I think that she is at the perfect age for these - she is not as afraid as the older kiddos but can do all the skills (it also helps that she loves to be in the water.) I was a little concerned about being able to keep up with the class since I am pretty pregnant but it is going well. I think that I am more tired than Madelyn after the classes though - good thing it is nap time when we get home! (I do not have any pictures because I am in the water with her!)
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
OB Appointment - 29 Weeks & Swim Lessons
Posted by The Bird Family at Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I can't remember what week it was, but I remember being in the tub & seeing Reagan "flip." It was like an alien was in me...it really freaked me out!
i hope the doc doesnt have to move him..ouch!! surely he will do it on his own! ive heard that 2nd babies are bigger than the 1st! If so IM SCARED bc kinley was 8lbs 1oz. i dont want no 9 pounder lol!!
thats so cute that madelyn is in swim lessons! i bet she does love it!!
seriously can't get over all of your sonograms!! LUCKY! i have no idea what position my baby is in...and my doctor doesn't either! ha! maybe i'll get to have one closer to the end to check on that. who knows. hope mason turns for you :-)
Post a Comment